‘Together we learn and grow’
‘Gyda’n gilydd ni’n dysgu a tyfu’
It is the aim of the governing body and the staff of the school, in active partnership with the pupils and parents to enable the pupils to develop their full intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional and social potential, enabling every pupil to become a lifelong learner.
- To provide quality experiences in all aspects of school life.
- To have high expectations across all areas of a broad and balanced curriculum, accessible to pupils of all abilities relevant to their needs and interests.
- To develop a safe, caring community where the children are happy, successful and keen to learn, helping them to grow in confidence and self-esteem.
- To help our pupils develop good social skills without prejudice of gender, culture or special needs.
- To foster a sense of appreciation towards the language and culture of Wales and the Global Community.
- To encourage a mutually supportive relationship between home and school.
- To create a warm welcoming atmosphere for all.
- To equip the children to embrace change and assimilate all that is beneficial in new approaches to teaching and education.
The following, are the principles underpinning the whole school ethos at Ysgol Y Mynydd Du. We ensure that we aspire to promote:-
- Courage and Resilience